Located in the Elsah Village Hall, which was
erected in 1887, and operated by the Village of Elsah and the Historic Elsah
Foundation, the Village of Elsah
Museum covers the history of the town from its founding by James Semple in 1853.
Visitors will find exhibits covering the varied architectural styles found
throughout the town, Principia College, nearby New Piasa Chautauqua, and tools and
other implements used by past residents. Special exhibits are held periodically.
|Residents of the past
||An old time classroom
Visiting the Village of Elsah Museum
Open April through October
Saturday & Sunday:
1 pm - 4 pm
There is no charge to visit the Village of Elsah
Directions: From the Great River Road take Mill Street into town.
Take a left at Selma Street to LaSalle Street. Take a left on LaSalle Street,
the museum will be on the left.
Visit the greatriverroad.com
art trail section for more art
related attractions and events in the Middle Mississippi River Valley.
more about the Elsah area.