1859 Jacob Pilger and a Mr. Coleman built a steam-powered flour mill along
the middle creek in Maeystown. It passed into the possession of Anton Zeitinger who owned it at the time it was burned down in 1868. After the
fire a group of men bought the mill and it was rebuilt in 1880 and made
ready for machinery, but has never been put in operation. The building was
then converted into a furniture factory that operated until 1914 and it
was also used as a gas station and a custom furniture business. The
Maeystown Preservation Society bought the mill in 1980, made restorations,
and reopened it as a museum with exhibits about immigrant life.
the Rock Mill
Saturday 10 am - 4 pm
Sunday 11 am - 4 pm
There is no charge to visit the Rock Mill.
Directions: The Rock Mill is located on Mill Street in the Historic
District of Maeystown.
W 90° 13.982'
Learn more about the Maeystown area.